It sounds crazy, but sometimes my heart won't let me say the word no. I worry about my relationship with the person who's asking and I feel guilty disappointing people, so even when my brain says I need to say no, my heart whispers back, "Are you sure?"
It's a crazy internal struggle that leaves me feeling powerless to say what I need to say.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who worries about such things.
Saying NO, as everyone knows, is hard, but it's an important part of taking care of our mental health. That's why I've been learning to get better at it.
Here are five simple ways to say no when you're not sure how to say it:
- Sounds great, but I can’t commit.
- Would’ve loved to, but I have something else I have to do.
- While my heart wants to say yes, I'm afraid I have to say no.
- I'm not taking on new things right now, but thanks for thinking of me.
- Unfortunately, I'll have to pass this time, but I'll be happy to......(suggest something else)
Do you have a favorite way to say no?